Wednesday, February 24, 2010

great grandma lamar's birthday weekend

This past weekend we packed up the SUV and headed to Iowa for my grandma's (Kaitlin's great-grandma) 75th birthday. Bryan was out of town that whole week in California and he was flying into Moline on Friday night. That meant that I had to dive to Iowa with Kaitlin by myself. Knowing it was going to be a long week doing everything by myself, I asked to stay at Bob/Jan's (Bryan's parent's) place on Thursday night since it would shave off almost a hour off my drive on Friday. I must have timed my drive well because Kaitlin slept the entire ride out.



Kaitlin passed out before we even left for great grandma's party.

I have to admit I had a fun time dressing her!
We went to brunch the next day at the Iowa Machine Shed (a restaurant
dedicated to the American Farmer). Yummy! I think this
is Bryan's new favorite place when we go to see my parents.
Look at the size of that cinnamon roll! It fed all six of us and we all had seconds!
Gavin trying to share his balloon.
Silly Aunt Kelly striking a pose.
Kaitlin is really into grabbing onto toys. Look at that cute pouty face! Gavin was helping her figure out all the
toys on the tray. Kaitlin's feet were about 6 inches from the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment