Here are some of Kaitlin's MILESTONES this month:
- Sits up well with support
- Plays well independently
- Talks to her toys
- Is making new "words"
- Loves to stand (when assisted of course)
- Pulls the pacifier out with her hand (she's put it back in but it's been a fluke)
- Really enjoys her baths, kicking up a storm
- Looks around to see where a sound is coming from
STATS
We went to the doctor for her 4 month check up last Monday (2/22). She was 11 lbs 14 oz (19th percentile) and was 25 inches long (81st percentile). She's still a string bean, or we've also been calling her "our little peanut." She handled her shots like a champ (she cried for 30 seconds after but was fine once I picked her up).
SLEEPING & PACIFIER
She's still not sleeping great at night. She wakes up 2-4x per night (sometimes even 5x). With Bryan working late and me getting up almost every time to nurse, we are exhausted. The pediatrician said that we can try taking away the pacifier now (or at 1 year). But when I told her that she sometimes wakes looking for it, that we could try getting rid of it while she sleeps now.
We tried taking the paci away Saturday morning. I lasted for 1/2 the day (during her second nap that day). She was super tired and crabby. She wasn't really finding her hands to help self-soothe. I tried putting her hands to her mouth but she wasn't having it. I gave in and gave it to her. She was out almost immediately. So we're back to square one.
For napping we are still roughly following the 2 hour rule (awake no longer than 2 hours). We've almost transitioned out of the swaddle. We will be starting to put her in sleep sacks soon.
CLOTHES, DIAPERS & TOYS
I've put away all of her 0-3 pajamas and most of her 0-3 months clothes. She's still wearing a few 0-3 month items and some of the 3-6 month stuff is still too big.
We are finishing up our size 1 diapers, will use the box of size 1-2's and then start on size 2.
She has started to enjoy this little stuffed baby doll and her little bear lovie over the past week. I was hoping that one of those could help soothe her when we remove the paci (when ever that might be). This weekend we just starting putting her in the exersaucer and she loves it.
SOLIDS
The pediatrician said that most people start solids between 4-6 months. We should be looking for signs that Kaitlin is ready such has, interest in our food & still hungry after nursing. She already is sitting up well. And most nights we've been having her sit in her highchair while we eat our dinner. We picked up some rice cereal yesterday to have on hand for when she is ready. The doc did say that giving her cereal will not help her sleep longer at night (darn!).
And for now Kaitlin is mostly getting breast milk. The nanny will give her a little of formula (maybe 2 oz) during the day if she runs out of milk. I think I will try to get to 6 months of nursing and re-evaluate then.
On another note I asked Bryan if he would have any interest in making Kaitlin's baby food. We have a few friends that do it and it's something that I might want to do. I think we have a month or two before we need to decide.
we're up in the air too on making baby food. i know williams sonoma sells a baby food steamer/puree thing. still trying to figure out how we're going to work that into our new schedule! i hope kaitlin starts sleeping more for you. lukas has been getting up more recently - we think he is teething ): darn - just when he was sleeping until 4:30am and we thought he was getting so close to sleeping through the night!
ReplyDelete