I'm a little behind in posting. I'm hoping to catch up soon!
12 months already!
Here's a funny "outtake" which I have many of these trying to get a good photo.
SLEEP:
For the most part Kaitlin goes to sleep between 6:30/7:00 pm and sleeps until 5:30/6:15 am. A few times this past week she decided to sleep until 6:40/7 am which was a nice treat for us.
In the last few nights we’ve started to take away her paci. The first night she started to cry hysterically so I caved after 10 minutes and gave it to her. The second night went much better. After 10 minutes I went in to console her (rubbed her back & gave her little blankie back to her). She fussed a few minutes more and then fell asleep.
FOOD:
Kaitlin sometimes will still boycott spoon feeding. I read that this means she wants to be more independent. It helps to give her an extra spoon to play with so I can feed her with the other. Below is a rough list of some of the items we feed her (this is more so I can come back and look at the list when #2 arrives).
Over the past month Kaitlin’s formula intake has gone from approximately 24 oz per day to 16 oz per day. We started the transition to whole milk the week before her birthday by mixing whole milk and into her formula. Now she's all on whole milk. The pediatrician wants her on whole milk since she's small (some babies can go right to 2%).
Breakfast - Fruit (mostly bananas or strawberries; sometimes raspberries but they are super messy) with some type of "bread" so toast with butter/jam, blueberry pancakes or dry cheerios (might start adding milk to it)
Lunch/Dinner - the foods we feed K are pretty much interchangeable for lunch/dinner and totally varies depending on what we have in the house. We try to feed her our dinner leftovers when we can (i.e. when it's not spicy). She eats a ton of chicken. We boil chicken breast in low sodium chicken broth. I've done a garlic chicken in the oven with cheese on top. Chicken nuggets. All types of pasta from plain to beef ravioli. I've also added butternut squash sauce. We've done frozen veggies you steam in the microwave (sometimes with cheese). Grill cheese, hot dogs (big hit). Loves cheese (mix up the types) Sometimes fruit. Yogurt.
Snacks - she gets cheerios, goldfish, those organic Annie's crackers, cheese, breakfast/soft granola bars and sometimes the Gerber type fruit leather thingys.
CLOTHING:
We have packed up Kaitlin’s 9 months clothes. She’s wearing both 12 month and 18 month sizes. The 18 months items are still a little big but some of the 12 months stuff is getting small (i.e. short) on her. Since Kaitlin is full on walking, we took her to get measured at Stride Rite for her first pair of big girl shoes. She measured in at a 5. Kaitlin has been wearing size 3 diapers during the day and we’re getting ready to move her to size 4 overnight diapers.
GENERAL:
This month we’ve really noticed that Kaitlin has been in an “all I want is mommy stage.” She follows me around the house constantly. Even if Bryan’s home she’ll follow me to the back of the house. She always wants me to hold her. The pediatrician said that kids between 12-18 months go through a stranger anxiety. I really hope this stage doesn’t last too long.
MILESTONES:
- Started running
- Said her first word, which was cat but it sounded more like “at”
- Imitates sounds and activities (i.e. clicking tongue, dancing, tries to repeat your words but they don’t always sound right)
- Fourth & five teeth came through
- Points to things she wants
- Understands and follows more directions (i.e. hold mommy’s hand)
- Shakes her head no when she doesn’t want something
No comments:
Post a Comment