Thursday, March 3, 2011

15/16 month update

Okay I'm a litteh behind on posting (I've been trying to post updates when we head to the doc and Kaitlin's last appt was a month ago at 15 months). I like posting this info so I have one (easy) place to reference this info for peanut #2.

15 Month appt stats (I need to update this since I keep forgetting to grab her stats)
Weight: TBD
Height: TBD


Sleep:
Bedtime is at 7 pm and Kaitlin has been waking up around 6:30 am – sometimes she gets up a little earlier and if we’re lucky sometimes she’ll stay quiet until 7:00 am (which is quite the treat). We have been really good about reading to Kaitlin before bedtime. Now she’s obsessed with pointing to her books on the bookshelf and picking out a book for us to read to her. One of her favorite books is “Fish Kisses.” One night she just started hugging/kissing the pages.

On most days Kaitlin takes one nap a day usually going down after lunch (12:30/1 pm). The length of time that she naps really varies. Sometimes it’s 2-3 hours and on a bad day it’s 30 minutes.

Vocabulary:
Her vocabulary is slowly building. So far she says cat, hi, all done, oh-no, shoes, cheese (and I’m sure I’m forgetting some). She also repeats “no, no, no” but she doesn’t quite grasp the meaning and says it all innocent/cute. We all know that it won’t always be that way. Kaitlin also “talks” quite a bit looking up at you and having a conversation in her own language.

She understands so much more than you realize. She feeds her baby with a (toy) baby bottle and even shares her own snacks and sippy cup with her babies. She has been giving her babies kisses and most recently Bryan asked her to burp her baby and she did!

Skype /Phones:
She is totally obsessed with Skype! She will walk into the office and start waving at the computer. Recently Bryan and I got new phones and we can now Skype from our phones. Her face just lights up with excitement. And since we got new phones Kaitlin has inherited Bryan’s old Blackberry and mommy’s old iPhone (which I’m going to hang on to for a bit until she can actually enjoy some of the kids apps I’ve downloaded). And for the few times that our landline rings, it’s funny to watch her run to the phone to “answer” it.

Teeth:
Kaitlin now has the top four and bottom four plus all four molars in. Now we're just

Other tidbits:
- Kaitlin has been really good about being gentle with the kitties. She even gives them hugs (i.e. kind of lays on top of them). Surprisingly they have been pretty tolerate of her. I hope they are this good when peanut #2 arrives.
- We are not allowed to give her peanut butter/nuts yet
- Kaitlin gets ridiculously excited when we turn on Yo Gabba Gabba. You should see how her face lights up. It’s really the only TV show that will get her attention (and also give mommy/daddy a chance to get something done if we need to).
- Has started to blow kisses.

Look at how long her hair has gotten!

 She LOVES her books (even if they are upside-down).

No comments:

Post a Comment