Friday, July 15, 2011

more doc appts

One of the nurses from the GI doctor's office called me two days ago to check in on how Lexi was doing. I filled her in. She's having Lisa, the dietitian I met with during our GI visit, call me back. She also suggested I call back the speech therapist to make another visit. I'm also supposed to call the GI office after our next weight check to give them her weight.


Lexi now has a weight check appointment next Monday and we are seeing the speech therapist next Tuesday. I'm hoping that Lexi doesn't take the bottle during our visit so the therapist can see what a struggle it is for her to take 1-2 oz. The last few days Lexi has eaten 3-6 oz TOTAL within a 24 hour period. I did take some video of her eating the bottle so if anything I can show that to her.


I'm also debating on purchasing a digital baby scale so we can start weighing her at home. A friend did give me a manual (?) scale but it's hard to tell how many ounces she gained. I spoke to the lactation consultant and she gave me some suggestions/recommendations on what to look for in a digital scale. I'm going to talk to the pediatrician about this at our appointment on Monday to get her thoughts. I'm assuming she won't have any issues with it. I mean we are spending $20 for each visit (and we've been almost 20 times or so).

No comments:

Post a Comment